Thursday, September 1, 2011

36 Week Dilemma

I went in for my 36 week check up today and it kinda ruined my weekend. My doctor checked me and said I'm dilated to a 3.5-4cm and 80% effaced. Then he went on to tell me that I am not able to go on our annual labor day boating trip to the gorge. We just got our boat back out of the repair shop today and were planning an awesome trip for the weekend. Even though i'm dilated and progressing I have a feeling that baby Kennedy is still weeks away from joining our family. What would you do? Listen to your all knowing doctor and stay around so that you don't chance having a baby on the interstate? or ... head to the gorge chancing that he will never find out?...

3 comments:

Maria said...

As tough as it may be, I would stay at home and forego the Gorge this time. You can always go boating, but you don't always have a baby. Clark would disagree with me and say "Go boating". I can't believe you are already dialated to a 4! I had an epidural at a 4 with Adalyn.

Phillips Family said...

I agree with Maria. Bummer to have to miss out on a fun time, but hey, maybe you'll be having a baby soon! Can't wait for Baby Kennedy to arrive.

Cassie said...

I agree listen to your doctor. You might not have the baby, but going to the gorge might make things progress and you'll be very far away from your doctor or other doctors. They usually know what they are talking about.

Jason Skydiving

Lindsey Skydiving