Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Introducing.....

It's a perfect baby GIRL!!
Jersey Ray Kennedy
9-16-11 7:34 pm
7lbs 1oz 19in
Jersey's story
We went to my appointment on the 16th in the morning to find out that I was dilated 6.5-7cm and not in active labor. I asked my MD how often he has a patient dilate so much without being in labor and he told me once every 8 years or so. The doctor forbid me to come home saying that I wouldn't make it to he hospital from Evanston so we made a plan to run some errands while he finished his day and meet him that afternoon. We went back to his office at 5:30pm and he stripped my membranes. We decided to head to my aunts house to feed Jaylin some dinner and I started to get uncomfortable around 6pm. At 6:30pm I was having contractions 5 minutes apart so we headed back to the hospital. When I got there it took a few minutes to check in and I was fairly uncomfortable and seriously wanting an epidural. The nurse checked me at 7pm and I was dilated 9.5cm but my water still hadn't broke. This is when things got hectic. My nurse ran out and there were lots of people in my room preparing and I was just worried that my doctor wouldn't make it. Dr. Nielson was there about 10 minutes later and I was hurting and wanting an epidural. He told me I could have one since my water hadn't broke so the anesthesiologist came in and started asking me questions and telling me all the risks. As he went to switch Jason sides of the bed I felt a strong urge to push and my water broke as amniotic fluid hit the wall across the room just missing Jason and the anesthesiologist. The funniest part was the look on the anesthesiologist's face and then he said "I'm out of here" and ran out of the room. My nurse started yelling for my doctor because Jersey was coming quick. Everyone kept yelling at me to not push as they were getting everything ready. As everybody was finally ready Jersey entered the world at 7:34pm. It was quite the experience. I was amazed at how much more alert she was than Jaylin and how much quicker my recovery has been. It was definitely a blessing to be able to have her natural even though that wasn't my plan. I wasn't as surprised this time to have a little girl even though we didn't know and I'm so excited for Jaylin & Jersey to have a close sister. I can't believe how much she looks like Jaylin when she was born. I feel eternally blessed to be a mother to such a beautiful daughter of God.
This man is the love of my life!!! I don't know how I could have done this without him! He is the best dad & husband ever!
Our first family photo

WE ARE BLESSED!!!

9 comments:

Kolby and Amy said...

Congratulations Jason and Lindsey, we're so happy for you. She is darling! We'll have to stop by one of these days on our way home or something from WY and see you guys. Hope things are going well!

Ruth said...

She is SO cute! LOVE all her hair! Cute family fic too! You look great!

Cassie said...

Congrats!! Funny we had considered Jersey for my three year old, cute.

Emily said...

Linds! She is adorable. Me and Emily (my sis) are sitting here drooling over how cute she it. Congrats my girl. :)

Travis & Alisa said...

Congratulations! We were excited to hear you had a baby girl when we got back from our camping trip! I knew it was a girl! ;) She is adorable! We are hoping to stop by next week and see her!

Alisa

Katy said...

Wow Lindsey. I am so glad you posted your story. I love hearing birth stories, and yours is awesome. She is beautiful. Congratulations to you and Jason.

Stefany said...

Hey lady!! I LOVE HER!! She is perfect and so so so beautiful! I just know my girls will come out bald! Anyway, I wanted to let you know I am coming home the weekend of the 28th....pictures maybe?? Let me know if that works for you...and if not, I still need to come see your little darlings. It is pathetic that I still haven't met either of them. Anyway awesome story. It sounds a lot like Porters:) CONGRATS ! Love you.

allison said...

Lindsey, she is beautiful! I love all of that hair! And what a fun birth story you will have to tell! Sounds like a crazy ride.

Jenni said...

Ok first of all super jealous that you look like a supermodel mom holding your brand new baby- I've never had a great just-after-baby pic. Second of all Lindsey you are so amazing its ridiculous and it's hard not to be jealous of you all the time!!! Seriously listening to your talk today and reading your birth story again after hearing it, it is truly an honor just to know you. You girls are gorgeous! And your family is awesome and you are inspirational. The End.

Jason Skydiving

Lindsey Skydiving