Saturday, April 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Point Half-Marathon

This morning I had the privilege of running the Thanksgiving point half-marathon in the freezing cold 30 degree weather that Utah had to offer on this late April day. Once again the race did not disappoint. I ran my slowest time yet at 2 hrs 5 min and 15 sec but I am okay with it. I was able to run the majority of the race with my best friend from childhood and she was amazing. When I think of people that I would like to complete a race with and wanting them to feel the awesome feeling that you feel to accomplish something like it she is on the top of my list. I am so proud of her for training in the freezing cold wind this winter/spring and powering through this challenging course today. Natasha, when you read this I just want to thank you for being what a friend truly is and I want you to know how amazing I think you are for running this race.
AND...... This is the shirt I sported during my run. Don't mind my lovely love handles in the pic.
YES IT'S True baby # 2 is on the way. Scheduled to arrive September 26th. I know I am crazy to run this race being almost 19 weeks pregnant but I feel good and my doctor gave me permission so I did it. I'm truly amazed at the love Heavenly Father has for us in sending another one of his angels to join our family. I'm nervous to have 2 kids but I know that Jason and I are not alone and have help from him in this most important task. We had our ultrasound on Friday and I will post pics but once again we are going to keep the gender a secret until it arrives. So I end this post saying we are INCREDIBLY BLESSED!!!!

5 comments:

Stefany said...

WHAT THE HECK!!! CONGRATS!! I am so excited for you ...I screamed when I read this. How far apart will they be?? By the way my due date for Porter was Sept 25th CRAZY!!! Love you and we need to chat!

Anne said...

LINDS!! Congrats! What great news. You are amazing for running. And how fun to run with Tash.

The Ennists said...

CONGRATULATIONS Lindsey! I am so happy for you and Jason! And also congrats on your race. I have such admiration for people who can run like that! You go girl:-)

Josh and Alayna said...

Congrats that is very awesome! We saw you at the finish line and cheered you, but I am not sure you saw us. Good job on the race too! Hope you are feeling well

Maria said...

Are you kidding me?! You ran a half marathon at 19 weeks and got that good of a time? You are awesome! I am so excited for you guys!!!! I'm hoping your baby comes Sep 23rd, my birthday. How have you been feeling? Which doctor are you going to? We need to catch up!

Jason Skydiving

Lindsey Skydiving