Friday, September 10, 2010

Completed Goals

Every new year Jason and I set down together for family home evening and make a list of family goals and then we make goals for ourselves. Like new years resolutions we hardly ever complete our goals and so the next year we try again. Well motivation kicked in this year and I have done much better on a couple of my goals. I decided at the beginning of the year that I was sick of not being able to work out being pregnant and that as soon as my baby was born I was going to need to loose some baby weight so I decided to train for a triathlon and half marathon. Jaylin was born and it was hard to stay motivated but I did complete both of these races through the summer. The triathlon was a funny experience because I CAN'T swim!!!! I did the backstroke but I did finish the race and I didn't even take last place. The half marathon was easier because my friend Ashlee trained and did it with me. It was such a fun and fulfilling experience. This was my 2nd half marathon and they just keep getting better. I can't explain the feeling of running along side 2300 people all with the same goal. It kind of reminds me of church and how we all go with the same motivation and same goal to someday finish the race called life and make it back to live in the presence of God. Even though the race is hard at times just like life, the goal is so much easier to complete when you have people around you that are striving for the same thing. Well I hope you liked that analogy but here are some pics of the half for you.
This is a picture after the half. Surprisingly I felt pretty good!

My good friend Ashlee. Thanks for doing this with me!

Happy to be done!

You might remember last year we cut down three huge trees that were in front of our house in hopes that we might someday put a driveway in. Well thanks to my dad!!!, uncle J.R., uncle Randy, a couple of my dads friends and our friends we were able to complete this project this summer. The hardest part was getting the tree stumps out of the ground. Some of the roots were huge and went clear back to our house from the street. I wish I would have taken some pictures but I guess I was to busy watching the guys work or getting in their way trying to help. I am so grateful to everyone for taking time out of their busy schedules to come and serve me and my family! Hopefully someday we can repay everyone we feel truly blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people! Here are a couple of pictures of the finished project! LOVE IT!!!

No comments:

Jason Skydiving

Lindsey Skydiving