Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Casper and Green Day

The past few weeks have been extremely busy. The end of February Jason and I decided that we just needed out of Evanston for a couple of days. Luckily my mom and dad were heading to Casper for the weekend for state wrestling. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of sweaty boys rolling around on top of each other I was up for anything and excited to watch my cousin Karsten. Karsten is a freshman in high school this year. Wrestling has been a huge part of his life from the time he could walk. Earlier this year I was able to watch him wrestle at a tournament here in Evanston that he took 1st in. He lost his second match at state by 1 point sending him into the losers bracket. I was so proud of him he was able to come back for third place and pin the kid that beat him the day before. He wrestled 6 matches at state and pinned 5 out of the 6 kids he wrestled. I've been waiting to post his pics but I haven't been able to get them off my mom's camera so I decided to do my post anyway. Anyway CONGRATS KARSTEN.... I wish I could have placed 3rd at state as a senior and you did it as a freshman!
Anyone that knows my dad you'd better not under-estimate his ability to find some kind of big game animal in any city he visits. We went for a drive and this is what we were lucky enough to see.
Come here deer!

A few friendly deer

Winking at the camera
The next weekend we went back to Casper with Jason's mom to watch state basketball. It was a lot of traveling to go again but we love basketball. We watched 8 games in one day and never got bored.
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY... I sincerely enjoy this holiday. I don't know if it's because I don't feel pressure to spend money or because I like pinching people not wearing green but it is a fun day for me. Tonight when we got home from the gym Jason asked what we should have for dinner? Of course I wanted green eggs and ham but we settled for green waffles instead.
As you can see Jason was not as excited as me about this meal.
I can't have waffles without bananas.
The final product.... Isn't it beautiful? Okay maybe not but I think it is appropriate for the day in celebration.

2 comments:

Stefany said...

I HEART your green waffles!!!!

Maria said...

Green waffles with bananas sounds like an excellent St Patty's Day choice! We had leftovers, and they weren't even green. I'm glad you guys had fun in Casper.

Jason Skydiving

Lindsey Skydiving