Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Into the Future

May 2008: Laramie, WY. THERE WE WERE, done with school ready to move onto bigger and better things. Looking forward to a new home, new town, new people, new ward, new church callings, new jobs etc, etc, etc....... What an exciting time in our lives. What the future held we were unsure about but so excited for. We were ready to take on the world and have money like everyone is supposed to after completing their bachelors degree... RIGHT?

October 2008: Fort Bridger, WY. HERE WE ARE, living with my parents right back at the beginning.. haha don't get me wrong I'm so grateful for my parents and their willingness to put up with me again after being out of the house for 5 years, and they were even nice enough to let me bring along my wonderful husband to double the occupancy of their household.
Anyway what I'm really trying to get at is I miss LARAMIE!
* I miss my job at Gem City... Even though the people I work with in Evanston are so nice to me.
* I miss our ward... It's hard to feel like we belong permanently in my mom's ward when we know we're moving.
* I miss intramural sports... I have a hard time getting motivated to exercise for some reason.
* I miss our little apartment that I was so excited to get out of...I think the thing that's been the hardest is that I never knew how much stress it is to buy a home. I thought it would be such an exciting thing but I really dislike it so far. We backed out of a home that we were going to buy and fix up because we figured Jason probably won't have a lot of time with his new job and all. Now we're back to square one looking at all of our options again. It is a huge decision. I know that it will all work out though.
I know that I need to stop thinking about the past and listen to President Monson and start looking at today. Things really aren't so bad here I can think of a lot of great things going on in our lives to.
*We get to see both of our families almost every day and that has been such a blessing.
*I get to spend a lot of time with my mom again which I have missed living in Laramie.
* We've got to see McKell play volleyball for the first time this season and let me tell you she is dang good!
*And many more things have been wonderful changes with this move. I will try to be more positive but I figure it's okay to miss the past as long as you are positive about the future! RIGHT?

6 comments:

Josh & Melissa said...

Lindsey!
We miss you guys too! Josh and I will definately have to come see you guys when you get a house in Evanston. If you have one by the time Thanksgiving rolls around we will have to come see it then. Well, if you'll be around. I hope that you can find one soon. It would be no fun to drive everyday in the winter. How do you like working at the hospital? Have you met Celia Green or Diana Majors? I don't know where either of them work, but they are super nice! Well good luck with the house hunt!

Amber Maye said...

I would be sad in a way too! thats where you and Jason started out, and it became your home, that would be so hard to leave everything and basically start all over again. Mike and I lived with his mom and dad for a while, until we found a house, and it was hard time for us because I think we just missed so much being our own little family..and it wasn't very fun trying to get into a house, so I understand what your saying about the house thing.. well good luck with everything and I know it will all work out!!!

Travis & Alisa said...

We feel the same way that you guys do! We miss Laramie so much and what we left behind to come here....but it just takes time to make it feel like a home! ;) At least we have you guys here now....what are we going to do when you move to Evanston? ;( Then who is going to take me to the hospital? ;) Once you get into your own house, and settled in Evanston, it will feel so much like home!

allison said...

I sometimes think about someday leaving Laramie, and I get really sad! I love it here (for the most part), but yet we are excited to hopefully someday move on to the next stage in our lives...so moving on is a good thing. And so is spending time at home with family for a while. Then it will make it all the more exciting to move AWAY:)

Snidbits said...

I always talk about how excited I am to leave Laramie, but the truth is after 7 years of being somewhere...you make a lot of friends. So I guess mostly what I'll miss about Laramie when we leave is the people. And it seems like everyone is already leaving. And we didn't get another game of volleyball in before you left! We miss seeing you guys too but we never see anyone in our old ward since we moved. Good luck with all those decisions, and there's still a lot of fun new people to meet right?!
Sherilyn

Brittney said...

I remember feeling that way after we moved out of our house in Sprinville and lived with grandma. I just wanted to sit down and cry! You feel like you don't belong anymore. Even though you are anxious to get move on, you still feel out of place. Don't worry, it will get better, I promise!! Expecially after you start working on your house and things look up that way. It is okay to miss your past too. Good luck with everything! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Jason Skydiving

Lindsey Skydiving